Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Team Lulu

Thoughts During Autism Acceptance Month.

Today I am thinking about the amazing team of people who have worked, or currently work, with Lulu. It is incredible to me that so many people have such an impact on Lulu, and that without that team, she would not be where she is today. 

When Lulu was first diagnosed, I was completely overwhelmed at the mere thought of having so many people work with her, and having to rely on them so heavily to help me navigate through the special needs world. But I'm glad that I insisted that she get evaluated when I did, because she was able to have Early Intervention therapies. And I'm glad that early on I asked the hard questions, like "Is Lulu showing red flags for autism?" because that allowed her to have an even earlier diagnosis, which led to more extensive therapies. 

Today I thank the amazing teachers, aides, therapists & community workers that have worked with Lulu over the years. From the time she was diagnosed at the age of two, she has had a LOT of therapies and people in her life, and I don't think that she could have made all of the tremendous progress without a single one of those people. Each person has worked so hard to help Laurie come along, to include Annie where appropriate so that she can be a great role model for Lulu, has helped me to understand the various ways to help Lulu progress, and has cheered her on (sometimes even sending me photos during the school day)!! 


So...THANK YOU to all of TEAM LULU!! Her team grows constantly, and we are all so lucky to know you. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment