Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Small Progressions

Thoughts During Autism Acceptance Month. 

Today I celebrate small progressions. 

This week is spring break.  Lulu has already had approximately 587.5 OCD episodes. It's been simply maddening for all involved. 

When the OCD isn't running high, one thing she has wanted to do is sit with me and have me read/sing aloud from one of her song books:


I'll point to the words, and she sounds them out a bit. I've lost my voice, so it's challenging, and so Annie has been stepping in, which has been fantastic to watch. The coolest thing about this? Lulu initiated this on her own. Maybe we're on our way to reading independently? 

Realistically I know that this won't happen all of the time. But knowing that it did happen a few times? That's priceless.  

One baby step at a time! Go Lulu!!


No comments:

Post a Comment